What I have always wondered is why the Knicks waste all of their money on mediocre players who have practically no star potential. With the largest payroll, marketing opportunities, and fanbase in the NBA, the Knicks should be able to easily reel in some star players, they just don't know how though. Mike D'Antoni was a proven coach in Phoenix and I feel sorry for him having to coach in New York, though he is making more money. The Knicks desperately need to use their one pick this year to draft someone who could be a star in the NBA.
At pick #8 the Knicks should draft:
Stephen Curry - Davidson
PG/SG
6'3" 181 lbs.
Curry has shown me glimpses of Steve Kerr. Of all players in the draft this year, I am most knowledgeable of Curry, being I live in Charlotte and have seen Curry play live. After Jason Richards left Davidson two seasons ago, Curry was left to transition from SG to PG, a transition he made well. Curry is a great combo guard who is a killer scorer, decision maker, shot maker, and defender, especially on the perimeter. Curry led the NCAA in scoring this past season and led Davidson to the Elite Eight two seasons ago. His biggest weakness would be his lack of athleticism and height needed to be an NBA SG. He would be easily defended by NBA players.
Predicted 2009-2010 record: 27-55
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment